based in Ontario, Canada (since 1914) the international division of USPCC maintained its own manufacturing operation from 1928 to 1991, but in recent years it focuses as a sales branch of the USPC Arrco Playing Card Co.based in Chicago, IL (1920's-1987) from 1920's-1935 it was named 'Arrow Playing Card Co.' in 1987, was acquired by USPC Arrco used many different seals on their playing cards after the use of tax stamps was phased out. Paul, MN (1927-1980's) in 1980's, acquired by Hoyle Stancraft was a subsidiary of Brown & Bigelow and was established to bring their products to the retail market. Hoyle became such a strong brand name that after 1975 the division's name was changed to Hoyle Products.Combinations with fewer numbers have no meaning for collectors.
based in Kalamazoo, MI (1886-1915) in 1915 it was acquired by USPC Standard Playing Card Co. based in Milltown, NY (1905-1911) in 1912, was merged with Russell Playing Card Co. based in New York, NY (1908-1914) Kalamazoo Playing Card Co.
based in Chicago, IL (1890-1930) from 1894, operated as independent part of USPC in 1930, was merged into Consolidated Dougherty Co. based in Kalamazoo, MI (1903-1912) from 1903-1906 named "The Kalamazoo Paper Box & Card Co." in 1912 was merged with "Russell Playing Card Co." Russell Playing Card Co.
(since 1962 operated as a division of USPC) National Card Co.
based in Indianapolis, IN & New York, NY (1886-1894) in 1894, was merged with USPC American Playing Card Co.
The letter code is as follows: The main playing card manufacturers in the United States are shown below.
These can be helpful in dating decks of cards, though it must be kept in mind that company names continued to be used even after mergers and acquisitions.based in Las Vegas, NV ( - 2003) in 2003, was bought out by Bud Jones Hoyle Products based in St. Paul, MN (1980's-2001) in 2001, acquired by USPCC a division of Brown & Bigelow/Standard Packaging Corp. In the late 1960’s, B&B was acquired by Standard Packaging, which was in turn acquired by Saxon Industries in 1970. based in Brooklyn, NY (1920-1933) since 1925, under leadership of NYCC (USPC) in 1929, Brooklyn plant was dismantled in 1933, the corporation was finally dissolved Gibson Playing Card Co.based in Cincinnati, OH & New York, NY (1925-1940's) Paul-Son Playing Cards, Inc.and New York Consolidated Card Co., which were subsidiaries of the USPCC at the time of the start of code use in 1904. also used these codes after they were acquired by the USPCC in 19 respectively.